Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error message: STOP 0x000000EA THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEV

• Please log in to reply

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Take note of what it was installing when it restarted and post that info here please.

wannabe1

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Yes..the marks are there because we haven't installed the drivers yet...you are correct. I wanted to get all the available updates (software and hardware) installed before we installed the updated driver set. Do you have all available updates installed now?

wannabe1

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yea, i have all updates installed. i dont remember the exact update names but its up to date. should i install updatd drivers now:S?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
oo0oscar0oo...

Yes...by all means, install the drivers now and post back with your results...

wannabe1

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hmm right after i insatlled the drivers, it rebooted again and got same error at startup saying that a driver caused it. :S. Dont know whats going on

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
While running without the drivers, you didn't get this error did you? (This really is a perplexing problem...)

wannabe1

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
yeah i did, it still shutted off . . this realy sucks, its driving me crazy

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click "Start" then "Run" and type eventvwr.msc and click "Ok". select "Applications" in the left pane and make note of any red circles and make note of a few of the most recent ones if present and post them for me...Do the same for "System".

wannabe1

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Took a screenshot instead so that it would be easier for you to read. here they are both screenshots, one is Application and one System :

http://e.domaindlx.c...o/wat i get.JPG

http://e.domaindlx.c...wat i get 2.JPG

Thank u, will wait for your answer

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Do you have your XP install cd?

Advertisements

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Yes i do

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Click Start then Run...type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and /) and press "Enter". You will be asked for your installation cd, so have it handy. Wait for the scan to finish (this might take up to an hour). When it's finished, click Start then Run...type chkdsk /r /x (Again...note the spaces) and reboot when prompted. This will run on boot-up so restart will take a while...be patient.

Let me know how it goes.....

wannabe1

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
HI, was half way through the scan, and it rebooted, it didnt let it finish, happened twice. do you think it will let it scan if i do it under safe mode :tazz:? or what shoud i do? keep on trying and just wish to hve luck?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Absolutely try it in safe mode. In fact, considering the problems you are having, I should have suggested it... :tazz:

oo0oscar0oo

oo0oscar0oo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Ok, thank you will post back with results