Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows media player 9 plugin

• Please log in to reply

afg34

afg34

• PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Hi

I was wondering if there was a plugin for windows media player 9 htat put it in the system tray instead of the taskbar. If there is any such plugin please reply back. :tazz:

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
You can go to the folder that contains the media player exe and right click on it and send a shortcut to desktop. Then drag and drop the shortcut where you want it. You may be able to drag the existing on to where you want it.

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi afg34...Welcome to G2G!

I don't know of a plug-in that will put it on the system tray, but you can add it to the Quick Launch bar if it's enabled. The Quick Launch Bar is located next to the Start Button. To enable it:

Right click on the Task Bar, point to Toolbars, and select Quick Launch. Once enabled, you can drag any desktop icon to this area and drop it there. One click on an icon in the Quick Launch Bar loads the application.

Hope this helps....

wannabe1

afg34

afg34

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
Sorry i didn't explain it good

i want to listen to music while putting it in the system tray instead of the taskbar. I know how to make a shortcut to quicklaunch and other places.
THNX ANYWAYS