Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Norton AVG 2004 Blip

• Please log in to reply

dt98rmb

dt98rmb

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Ok, here's the problem, Norton AVG 2004, started happening a couple weeks ago I guess after it did an update, then last week there was another update, it seemed to work fine, but now it's happening again.

WhenI boot up, the computer boots up fine, but then Norton has a message about email proxy connection failed, it pops up twice, I click ok, the puter boots rest of the start up stuff and works fine, but the internet connection is down, but if I do a reboot straight away, it fixes the problem, but if I reboot quite a bit later, it comes up with the same error.

I'm running Win XP SP1....havent' bothered with the gaunlet of sp2 yet as I'm still not seeing the advantages. Internet is cable broadband via a motorola modem//router.

Cheers for any help or insight :tazz:

Advertisements