Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buiding a gameing comp

• Please log in to reply

Syke

Syke

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
Hi, Can anyone help me? I need help comparing some hardware and computer upgrades...

Either These 2:
http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=1501221
http://www.tigerdire...p?EdpNo=1187809

I dont know if a hard drive cooler is even needed....

Also take a look at these tell me whats good and bad or if all compatiable:
- CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM Dual Channel Kit System Memory $81.99
- Creative Sound Blaster Audigy2 ZS GAMER Limited Edition 70SB035000013 Sound Card $121.00
- ASUS Geforce 6600 N6600-TD-256 Video Card $138.00
- SAPPHIRE 100118L Video Card IS THIS GOOD FOR ITS PRICE? $66.50

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16822148040
:tazz: :) :) :) !!!!

also i need a mobo and pcu that will fit and be ok with this stuff not too expensive

Edited by Syke, 09 September 2005 - 05:43 PM.

Advertisements

heartofalion28

heartofalion28

• PipPip
  • 95 posts
i dont think u really need a HDD cooler i think its just another thing for them to charge u for.

Lion

Syke

Syke

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts
ty for telling me i updated

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Ok, hopefully I got these right since it looks like the forum isn't long link friendly, at least for firefox. :tazz: First two are Wizard Mid tower case w/modular power supply and a fan monitor..
That case seriously looks like a chieftan case. Guess the pwr supply cables are a bit stiff but I got a modular pwr supply and being able to get some of those cables out of there is nice. I would chose this case over the lanboy just because it is a bigger case. Hopefully, that is a lanboy..(forum long link thing) alumnium is nice though..but would think about what are you going to add...because they don't make a case big enough for all your goodies. :)
The vid cards, the radeon would lack behind, even if it is PCI express it is still only 128MB and the 6600 is 256 could probably get a rather nice PCI express for the price of that agp one, agp is starting to leak away....
80GB? Oh come on bump it to 100+ lol, what would it hurt. As for the fan monitor thing, someone else commet on that not a big fan of giving wattage away to one....don't like them much.