Please review the following:
1. Post the exact model of your Radeon and your old Geforce. Just having more memory does not necessarily mean it will run faster (however, it's likely that you bought a better card).
2. Go here
and download the latest version of Driver Cleaner. Read the instructions and clean your old drivers.
3. Do a fresh install of the latest Catalyst drivers (5.8 as of today) here
. Be sure to download the drivers that correspond to your operating system.
4. Run DXDIAG by going to Start/Run and typing dxdiag
at the dialog box. Run all the tests and verify that your system is DirectX compliant (check for any errors that are outputted during the tests - perform all tests, not only video ones!)
5. Some games are optimized for nVidia and some others for ATI. Verify with other games to see if they are running faster than before. Also, post what games are you playing to see if there is an edge with your particular cards.
6. Lastly, be sure to download the latest patches for your games. It is very common that a game has performance increases and bug fixes by installing the latest patch.
Edited by biyectivo, 08 September 2005 - 08:59 AM.