Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

This is not my day

• Please log in to reply

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
There, I partitioned the drives so the I could load kubantu into the 2nd partition seeing that xp could be replaced later, got as far as make up your password bit where I thought that I could use the space key like windows, then I got a refusal for it and when I returned to that question, the letter keys no longer worked.

After the above I tried to get to windows but the boot sequence had jamed in to CD first given "no system blar blar"(boot sequence locked now it seems as the arrows keys wont effect the sequence). So I put in the windows CD, and deleted all partitions thinking of reform/reinstall, start afresh but although I could reformat I looks like I cant load the system as it has stayed 30minutes at 2% done. So between a locked bootup sequence, an unloadable windows and untappable kobantu, I am now looking a smug computer who thinks "hey dude, can I be a door stopper now?" oh, and how was your day then?

Ah, what I would really like is some programe that wipes the drives so that I can start afresh. Also any other suggestions are welcome too.

Edited by fleamailman, 08 September 2005 - 05:59 AM.

Advertisements

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Ok, I think I have solved in bit, the passwork in ubantu when typed has no effect on the screen, there are no asterixes to show that you have typed something, so I not yet 100% installed yet but we are getting there.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Kubantu works, this is my second post by it, that is having installed this os after what felt exactly like standing outside the lobour ward for ones wife to get on it. Actually it will be rather sad not having any more malware, Sad too that I have left the Microsoft club but then again who wasn't aware that, what with the next system coming, they would only have invented some reason that forces us to move to it, as they did for Windows 98 support, and the like, and if you can imagine having a family of four who each would have wanted to their own computer the resulting price would have been crushing.

Edited by fleamailman, 08 September 2005 - 09:58 AM.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
yeah, xp sucks, im about to try kubantu.

Hopefully there will be more developers making linux compatible games.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
I would never used those words and have just seen the above reply, I suppose this is where I have to limit myself again to say that my posts are meant to be fun, sorry to the readers who might have taken offence here, Back to topic, Does anyone know the size of Kubantu on the harddrive as I have two comps, one 4gb,one 2gb.

Now feedback on Kubuntu, it is an adventure where I am afraid few of the programs are not working as they should, I have sound but the mp3 player stutters, I have quite a few crashes when switching programs, The good side, well I visited quite a lot of risky sites last night that would have normally unbalanced windows without having one popup or anything out of the ordinary, so as a surfing platform I am very pleased. I think also that there is the novalty value factor playing here, it is an adverture to not know how to do the simplest things then.

Edited by fleamailman, 12 September 2005 - 04:00 PM.

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
There are a few very good Linux Games just have a look at that and the link, I am sure that you will find something like what you are after, and free. Some of the big game makers are makeing Linux version so have a look in to that as well a google.

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
how can anyone take offence, XP is a bit of software, not someones mother, and it does suck, especially if it dies when someone changes an unrelated partition, read my other post if your curious, i actually hate XP nad mikersoft.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
Thanks I am now trying to register with that forum too, but of course I will still here here aswell.
Once again thanks for all your info about this subject, I will be able to give you my oppinion once I have tried it out.