Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD-RW Drive

• Please log in to reply

Jackler

Jackler

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I have had nothing but trouble with this LiteON Dual form DVD-R/+R drive. I went through hours of torment on the phoen with Liteon, and the company off amazon I ordered it from. The guy from Global Media actually thought I was so computer illiterate that by giving him the version number of Nero(which was brand new) was enough to conclude that the drive was fine and my computer was the problem.

Anyway, Ive managed to troubleshoot this drive myself enough to where it will burn CDR's, play DVDS, cdroms,ect. but still no DVD burning capability. I updated the firmware, but still no luck. Whenever I pop in the blank media, it says CD-R drive(f) then available data and used data at 0MB. As if the brand new disk was used or damaged. So it recognises everything BUT DVDR media. How ironic.

Any helpful ideas guys?

Advertisements

biyectivo

biyectivo

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Hey Jackler,

Please post your full drive specs, latest firmware version, Nero version (don't worry we will not base our decision on that alone), operating system and media details.

Also have you tried reading burned data in a DVD-R or DVD-RW?

Jackler

Jackler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Optical Drive: LITE-ON DVDRW SOHW-1673S (DVD+R9:4x, DVD+RW:16x/8x, DVD-RW:16x/6x, DVD-ROM:16x, CD:48x/24x/48x DVD+RW/DVD-RW)
P3 400MHZ or higher, 256 ram min.,Windows XP platform

Latest Firmware:JS0C - applied last night.

Nero Verson: 6.6.0.16

Operating System : Windows XP Home Edition

Ive used a sony DVD+R and a Memorex DvD+R, both holding up to 4.7 GB.

Now see, its not just a problem with Nero because it wont even give any information in Windows Explorer. The Drive doesnt seem to be compatible with the media, as the statistics in Windows Explorer read completely empty. But the media was just opened, and Sony is reccomended in the manual.

Jackler

Jackler

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
bump! :tazz: