Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Pop-up windows and shockwave flash objects

• Please log in to reply

megap

megap

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi to all.

I have a couple of problems. The first one is when I click on a webpage link in IE, either it doesn't load completely or loads but closes immediately - for example, when I click a link to see an enlarged version of a picture on a webpage. I have already turned the pop-up blocker off and have changed some of the security settings but they did not solve the problem. I am using XP SP2 and have Microsoft Anti-Spyware, Spybot and Ad-Aware SE Pro installed. And I think my Netgear router has a firewall.

My other problem is opening a shockwave flash object. When I click on the file, I'm given two search options and when I chose to search the web it gives me a choice between IrfanView32 and Macromedia Flash. I have installed Flash and Shockwave Players and IrfanView but I still can't open the file.

I'd greatly appreciate any help. Thank you very much.

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I think the first one is pretty normal I think it means that the creators of the site have made an error not sure about the second one though !

megap

megap

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for replying Cleverboy12.

But the problem happens every single time I click a link which needs to execute a script. I see it loading but it fails to complete or finishes loading but closes immediately. And the exact same link loads in my older PC without problem.

Java? I have the latest version.

Any other ideas? :tazz: