Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RIP OFF

• Please log in to reply

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
ok i got a computer that was supost to be new about 2 years ago.

i have all ways suspected that it was refubished and i had been ripped of.

i got worms armagedon of a friend (i no its old but its cool).

and when i go to play on it it says doe snot support windows nt !!! (meaning it was refubished)

even thou i have xp pro installed as my main operating system and there is no traces of nt (that i can see)

but im more bothered about playing the game is there anyone who can help me?

BTW. i dont think anyone on this site live up north but is you do STAY AWAY from selectweb computers.

:tazz:

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
I think you got the wrong impression, Windows XP is based on NT, its running NT5.1
So what that message means is that the game isn't compatible with windows XP. Especially when you said its an old game which make it obvious.
You can try to run in compatibility mode.
Hope that clarify it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP

worms armagedon

AWESOME GAME....super sheep kick butt

customcomp

customcomp

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 246 posts

AWESOME GAME....super sheep kick butt

View Post

aqua sheep ruled aswell.

I think you got the wrong impression, Windows XP is based on NT, its running NT5.1
So what that message means is that the game isn't compatible with windows XP. Especially when you said its an old game which make it obvious.
You can try to run in compatibility mode.
Hope that clarify it.

View Post

oh ok :tazz: its just i found folders on that computer that a windows nt back files in.

is there any other way i can make it work.