Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Heat and temp concerns on this X2 custom system

• Please log in to reply

dschott10

dschott10

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am looking at building another system that will have the specs that I posted below. The concern I have is that of heat and temps in the case. The Antec P180 mid tower is built with compartments for the video cards, drives, etc. To better cool the system. It also comes with 3 120mm fans and one 80mm in the lower front. Then you have the 120mm fan for the power supply. All of this might be overkill but this system may get pretty hot.

Can someone please give me some guidance on temps and heat with the newer processors especially on the X2 dual series and the nvidia 7800gtx card.

Below is the system I have priced out to have built. I would do it myself but the P180 I hear is a pain to wire but is a nice case to use for cooling plus I want to ensure that it's done right.

Thanks in advance :tazz:

Monarch Furia Custom Modded Desktop w/PCI-E
Cases: Antec Performance One P180 ATX Mid tower
Power Supply: PS 550W - Antec True Power 2 SLI ATX 12V
Case Fan: 120mm - Antec 120mm SmartCool Case Fan 3 of them on case
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-K8N Ultra-9 nForce4 Audio/GB-/wireless lan
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ Dual-Core 1MB Per
Heat Sink Fan: Thermaltake A1772 AMD Recommended for Opt
Memory: DDR (400) 3200 - 2 GB Corsair w/Heatsink
Hard Drive: SATAII - Western Digital Caviar SE 250 GB
CD-RW/DVD-RW: DVD±RW - Lite-On SOHW-1693 16x8x16x-DVD-R
Floppy Drive: Mitsumi 1.44 MB 3.5" Floppy Drive
Sounds Card: SB Live Audigy ZS Pro
Video Card: eVGA GeForce 7800 GTX 256MB DDR3/PCI-E/VI
Operating System: 210111 - Microsoft Windows XP Professional w/Servi

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They should be fine the HSF is nothing special not what i would reccomend but they probably have a deal with thermaltake. I heard the opposite about the P180 i heard it was great to build in and i beleive them because antec have a reputation for easy practical cases. In terms of temps as long as it never exceeds 60 it will be fine it shouldnt be a problem the P180 has the best ans quietest cooling you can get without going into water cooling.

dschott10

dschott10

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
What HSF would you recommend?