Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer History

• Please log in to reply

acold01

acold01

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: I'd like to see the history of my computer and whats been going on...old chat logs or [bleep] and whatever else might have been going on while Im not at home... :)

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I would suggest finding a suitable log Program maybe one of the staff can help you ? I highly doubt that you can see the computer history but you can see the net history !

acold01

acold01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
oh um thanks... :tazz:

acold01

acold01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
although I have no idea what that is..."log program"...I've seen peeps do it: look at the hiostory...I just can't seem to figure out how...

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
Chat logs are kept in "program files", ususally. (It would help if you supplied the specific software name, then we can give you a path.) If you want internet surfing history, look in history or in the temp files such as C/Doc & Settings/ User name/ Temp.

Johanna

acold01

acold01

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Uh software?? you mean like Yahoo Instant messenger...

customcomp

customcomp

• PipPipPip
  • 246 posts
if your wanting to no what they have been typing use a "key logger" when your computer starts up it starts too (hidden) and you choose the button(s) to over ride it. and when the computer shuts down its saves a copy of whats been typed to were ever you installed it to.

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
CustomComp has a great solution. Key Loggers are effective in tracing what you typed on the computer and internet.

Freddie

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
What IM are you using acold01?

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I'm not entirely sure, but I don't think Yahoo keeps a log for the chat function.

Johanna

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
yes Yahoo Messenger does keep a log, but I cannot remember how to activate it.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
I had to play around with Yahoo, too. In IM, history is called "archive", and it must be enabled in "preferences" and accessed through the "contact" tab of Yahoo IM while signed in. I don't see a log for the "chat" function in Yahoo, and I didn't find any reference to it in the Yahoo Help files.

Johanna

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Czarina,

When you have archives active, when you right click on the person that you talk to etc, and there is an option there.

One options opens the archive and its under messages I think and it shows it in there.

NOC

NOC

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
If you want monitor your system, use computer god...or go to this site

http://www.spywaregu...how.php?id=2014