Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Is there anyway to recover deleted emails?

• Please log in to reply

Moose78

Moose78

• PipPip
  • 94 posts
I need to recover an email that was deleted on accident, but I'm not sure if there is a way to do such a thing.

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hey Moose78! I'm Freddie.

If you deleted the e-mail from your inbox then it will be in the "Deleted Items" folder in Outlook Express.

If you deleted it from the deleted items folder, I don't think you will be able to get it back.

Freddie

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Thats what I was afraid of. I thought I've heard of ways of retrieving deleted emails, but was not sure. Thanks anyway :tazz:

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Maybe there is. Give me 5 minutes to try and find the answer.

Freddie

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
It looks like you actually can recover them, but at a cost. You will need to buy a program to do it. Here are various links if you're interested.

http://www.recover-outlook-email.com/
http://www.finalreco.../emailrecovery/
http://www.recover-my-email.com/

Freddie

Moose78

Moose78

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Awsome, thanks a bunch!! I was sweating on this one, deleted an email with important account information.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
The European Union, according to BBC Prime's news today, is now discussing the idea of having servers retain all e-mails for a year as an anti torrorist measure, so if it becomes law I imagine that the server will allow the serder, at a price, to retrieve his sent e-mails.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
If you use OE, you can save your email on the server.
Tools> Accounts> Properties> Advanced
Mine is set to retain until deleted, but there are several options. Choose the one that works best for you.
Johanna

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Dunno about Outlook Express, since I use Thunderbird as my default e-mail client, but if you have the Opera web browser, you can always use their built-in e-mail application to retrieve e-mails from any other clients. And yes, that includes deleted (deleted from the Trash folder, not just from the inbox) messages.

I remember trying out that Opera e-mail application for the first time and darned near getting a heart attack when I selected Import and found some few hundred messages in my inbox. Meep. o_o