Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Computer freezing

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Okay, posted a few days ago my computer was freezing every once in awhile, not a total freeze out, just hesitating for a second or two every couple seconds for like a minute or two, then would be fine for awhile then do it again.

Did some research on my own and I used Performance Monitor to watch things and everytime it goes into this freezing cycle the pages/sec in memory skyrocket, stay up for small time, then come down, then back up again. When my computer is going well, this does not happen.

So, I did some research and eveything I find says one of two things:

1) Not enough RAM - I have 1GB of RAM so it can't be that

2) SQL Server - I am not running a SQL server

Further research says I can make this happen by looking at some emails in Outlook, then minimize and it happens everytime after I minimize. But even with Outlook closed it still happens

So, can anyoen help me find out what is causing this spike in pages/sec in memory?

Edited by Circle909, 08 September 2005 - 01:58 PM.

Hi Circle909,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Please Click here and follow the instructions carefully.