Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

LINKSYS WRK54G WIRELESS

• Please log in to reply

franco650

franco650

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
I currently have SBC GLOBAL DSL (SpeedStream 5100 Model)and is connected to my Linksys WRK54G Wireless Router. The problem is that it works fine for like a day or two and than the internet connection freezes and i cant get on the internet, in order to get back on the internet using my modem i have to unplug the lan cable from the router and connect it directly to the modem and reset my router and modem, once it starts working i plug it back into the router. i am tired of doing this i need help!!! please!

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
Is your router set to automatic configuration? The router's setup page is

http://192.168.1.1

and you can enter it by clicking that link. The default login for Linksys is admin/admin.

Most dsls, at least shose that don't issue a fixed IP want you to use automatic configuration. Also the router uses your ISP login information to sign in on a PPPoE network.

Edited by Tyger, 09 September 2005 - 01:32 PM.

franco650

franco650

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
everything seens to be right

kd1966

kd1966

• PipPipPip
  • 201 posts
See if there is a Firmware update for your router.................

bmkendzi

bmkendzi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have experienced the same probelm with my wrk54g router. I also happen to have SBC yahoo dsl. I have exchanged my router two times (been through three routers). I finally was able to get one of the Reps from linksys admit that the model is defective. As you know they dont have a current firmware fix. I have been calling them over and over trying to get it exchanged for a new model. I'm waiting for them to get back to me. The only thing I can think of is that its an SBC problem. However that is probably unlikely.

franco650

franco650

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hi I Have resolved this problem by calling sbc. When you call them tell them that you need setup up your dsl modem (speedstream 5100) To a bridge connection. and they will give you how to do that on your speedstream modem. After that you ask them if they can give you the dsn primary and secondary numbers and the PPPoE settings on your linksys router. There are not suppost to charge you for this help so dont let them. okay well this is resolved thanxz!!! p.s if you need setting your linksys email me or post here that you need help

bmkendzi

bmkendzi

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey,

I was just going to post another reply with that same result. I did this yesterday after calling one of the linksys support engineers in california. He knew what the problem was right away. I setup the bridge and let the router take care of PPPoE and it has been working great. LOL you were thinking the same. Good work.

Bile

Bile

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I see that you guys have had some trouble with a Linksys router. I have the WRK54G, and my connections speed is SLOW!!!! Without the router, it's fine. My PC is hard wired to the router, so it's not a matter of the wireless adapter being at fault. I've bridged my Westell modem, but it doesn't change a thing. I have tried two different routers and three modems, all to the same results. Any suggestions?