Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Virus or Hackers?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I put my Norton back on, due to lack of anything else. I must say, I'm rather pleased with it too. or I was anyway.
So after installing I find this Firewall Rules
I'm thinking it's pretty koolio, cause it's locked out whoever I thought was comming in. I't's showing it's locking someone out at any rate in the logs I read.
Yeah, I'm prolly paranoid, cuz I have absolutley nothing on here anyone would want.
things like this
One of the logs in the event veiwer pops up with something about dvapi ser. not being able to interput the message from the remote computer. doesn't have enough....cant remember words, but know how kinda sums it up. Incidentally, I tried, well did disable that dvapi service, and it's still here.
What does it mean by 1 uniprocessor free in that log veiwer?
Norton/ I'm online, it says yada yada protecting my addy. The my addy dissappears and puts in a new one. Is that normal? No unplug or anything. and right in the middle of me surfing or whatever. Trace the addy to Marina del Rey somewhere...What the...? NI
Won't start the service that enables password protect on the Norton Options, times out.
Then I have the log telling me it's blockin these same 3 maybe 4 addys ALL THE TIME. So I add a new rule to block them outright. And my log is filled with them trying. Sometimes it says such nsuch rule "Stealthed" NI what that means.
But now...I think they got me...lol cuz things are just....not behaving normally. Like veiwing my folders the view changes when I haven't changed it and it's been told not too.
The music on the windows intro is screwedup too. warbled in places.
There's other things, windows not staying the same size when reopened...others that have left me for the moment natch.. Just don't know if I should be alarmed or not...

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
From what you describe you will want to go to the Malware forum. The experts there will get you fixed up.