Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem w/computer case rack

• Please log in to reply

VelocityMicro

VelocityMicro

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I need to move my hard disk up a slot. The reason for doing this is because I need it to connect cd-rw drive. But the [bleep] ide cable is too short. One problem, I ahve no ide on how to unscrew the hd out of its rack. I've never dealt with this type of case. How do I unscrew or take out this rack?

Attached Thumbnails

• problem2.jpg

Advertisements

Xorgroth

Xorgroth

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
No matter how weird the case is, has to be someway to get the other side off to access what other screws their might be holding it in on the other side. Took apart a old fossil last weekend had to unscrew the bottom just to get into it but both sides came off...So look for a way to get the other side off, since it sounds like that might be your problem.