Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

SATA problem with XP

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

vfs

vfs

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Ok, I got XP to read the SATA hard drive.

Installed Windows XP, reboots so you can go through that 30 minute long spiel and setup... but instead of booting to that it goes back to the XP CD. And if I take out the CD , it just fails booting anything at all. :tazz:

Advertisements

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
Hi vfs,

Welcome to Geeks To Go, my name is Tony.

Where abouts did you get your XP CD from?

yardguard

yardguard

• PipPipPip
  • 135 posts
Did you load your sata drivers on floppy and tell windows (F6 I think) to install special device (scsi).

If not then there's your problem...

vfs

vfs

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Did you load your sata drivers on floppy and tell windows (F6 I think) to install special device (scsi).

If not then there's your problem...

View Post

Yes I did do that.

As for the cd, I must say it is pirated. :tazz:

That particular copy has been installed on probably 20 different machine... I see no reason why it shouldn't work now.. except for it having problems with the SATA.

Guest_Tony_*

Guest_Tony_*
We don't support for pirated software\operating systems's. I'm going to request for a staff to close this posting

Edited by Tony_1983, 09 September 2005 - 06:40 AM.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

Yes I did do that.

As for the cd, I must say it is pirated.  :tazz:

That particular copy has been installed on probably 20 different machine... I see no reason why it shouldn't work now.. except for it having problems with the SATA.

View Post

Thank you for being honest. However, Tony1983 is absolutely correct. We cannot give you any help on this site unless you have a legal copy of your O/S. This topic is being closed.