Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Shutdown

• Please log in to reply

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Is the computer slow all the time or only during shutoff.

Try repair installation of xp as described in a pinned thread at the top of this forum.

Advertisements

enzoblue

enzoblue

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I would just get rid of some 3rd party ones - not any that are WinXP generated. You seem to have alot of security stuff ! I wonder how much of that is really necessary.

Qtask and jusched are 100% useless I know, they're quicktime and java's dormant programs they put in so they can access your computer from time to time to see if you're updated. Both applications run fine without these processes running.

I think there are a few along the same lines as these, not doing anything but allows access when they need to. Like HP update programs and Nokia stuff.

If I were you seriously, I would set aside a saturday and do a Reinstall of WinXP or repair as y.a. suggests above. I reinstall XP about twice a year myself. It's like spring cleaning.

Edited by enzoblue, 15 September 2005 - 10:46 AM.

rossko_uk

rossko_uk

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts
I'm afraid it is set to zero. Would getting rid of any of those processes make a difference?

Didn't see the second page!! If i reinstalled, would i lose all my stuff such as music etc?

Edited by rossko_uk, 17 September 2005 - 03:30 PM.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
No, you won't loose any of your material. You will have to download again windows update. Also, you might need to re-istall some drivers (not necessarilly). Look at the afore mentioned thread at the top of this forum and follow the instructions carefully.