Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Nvidia Card question...

• Please log in to reply

HyDekar

HyDekar

• PipPip
  • 59 posts
Heya all, just wondering...
I'm thinking of purchasing an Nvidia card (as much as I previously loathed them), instead of my precedent Radeon cards I've had... However I'm not really sure what's what with them, lol...

I mainly want one which would be equal or a little better then the Radeon 9800 PRO... PRO that is, lol...

Thanks all for helping out a Nvidia noob such as myself :tazz:

Advertisements

comanighttrain

comanighttrain

• PipPipPip
  • 553 posts
hrmm....why nvidia? I got a NX6600GT and i could have got a X800 (XT, pro, ultra...whatever it is) for the same price. and the Ati cards had better FPS's. Anyhoo, if you really want one, the 6600GT is a solid mid level card, dont go below FX5200.

Comparable to the 9800Pro is probobly...the 6600. I can get the 6600GT for about 10 bucks more than the 9800Pro and then get an Ati better than the 6600GT for ten bucks more than that....theres 3 Ati's between that and the 6800GT...

Suffice to say, i think either a 6600 or 6600GT would be the best comparison.

HyDekar

HyDekar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
Excellent, thanks for that comanighttrain...
I'm hoping I won't need to change to Nvidia (considering, I still love my ATI card :tazz:), but that information was really uselful...

thanks again :)