Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't find server on wireless network

• Please log in to reply

annika85

annika85

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey

A wireless network has just been srt up in my house. I have 2 desktops that work fine on the network. I just connected to the network with my laptop, and everything seems to be ok - i.e signal strength excellent, says its connected etc etc. However when I try and open web pages internet explorer says it cannot find the server. I cannot find any useful infor mation in the other two computers internet tools options to help me. Does anyone have any idea why I can't find the server on my laptop?

Advertisements

ankush patel

ankush patel

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
give me some more info.

what network do you have.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
also have you tried these computers in another situation where they picked up the sigal and internet with no problem? cutting down the options.

Edited by fleamailman, 09 September 2005 - 10:40 AM.