Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows XP installation problem

• Please log in to reply

denkodt

denkodt

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello

I recently got a desktop computer from someone, because they said it could not start. they were playing around in some folders and after that every time the computer started, it booted up completely, and then just restarted without any blue screen or anything. So I wanted to install windows xp on it, and I booted up from the CD, I formated the hard drive and the files were copied. Then ofcourse it needs to restart and boot up not from the CD to finish the installation, but here is where the problem occurs. When it boots up, I see the Windows XP Pr ofessional logo, and the bar underneeth it that shows it's loading, but it does not finish, but restarts. It goes on and on in circles. I tried formatting agian and installing, but the same thing happens. It gets to the windows xp logo during boot up, and it will just restart, it will not let me finish the installation. did anyone get something like that before and knows what is wrong. there is definitely no hardware problems, because everything is integrated into the motherboard.

thanks

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
It seems like a HDD problem, do you hear any noises? and did you try to low format your HDD?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try here

http://support.micro...kb;en-us;826976