Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Identify unknown ".exe" files

• Please log in to reply

bill ralls

bill ralls

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On startup firewall advises such programs as 'jobcheck.exe', agentsvr.exe' and 'winword.exe' are trying access the internet. How can I determine whether I should allow these programs internet access?

Advertisements

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
Well same happens to me if its a program that you know eg MS Word then think about why it would want to acess the net and determine whether you can trust it !

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
One idea, would simple to turn off these start ups from msconfig, and if you then have no ill effect, good whereas if you do you can put them back on.

press windows botton then r botton together, turns up run command box
type in run box msconfig, then press enter
mouse over to start ups and turn off those which seem unnessersery.
close and restart your computer.

Baho

Baho

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
Try the internet ie 'File Database' and see what goes with Susanne so to speak!
Check Msconfig and selective startup

davepig

davepig

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Once your system is booted up, open up the task manager (control, alt, delete). Choose the processes tab. Then access www.processlibrary.com; you will find a searchable database of most system processes and they should tell you what is running in the background.
If you decide you want to cease the loading of a particular program at startup use the run>msconfig option to remove them. Good luck