Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

can someone please help? i need to backup

• Please log in to reply

squeaky

squeaky

• Pip
  • 5 posts
i am trying to backup some important files because i need to reformat and for some reason when i click on the link "write these files to cd" all i get is a classic xp error/warning, dull "dong" sound and no wizard appears. of course this had to happen before i got a chance to backup.

instead of dragging the files onto the CD-R window i thought i would try copying and pasting them in and then right clickin to write to cd, BUT it won't let me paste into that window....what is going on?
can anyone help please.

Advertisements

FreddieKrugerGuy

FreddieKrugerGuy

• PipPipPip
  • 269 posts
Hi, I'm Freddie.

There may be something wrong with your burner or you may need to update your drivers. Also, try uninstalling and then reinstalling it again.

Freddie

squeaky

squeaky

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
hi Freddie it's fixed now, i was having other problems as well, thats why i was needing to backup my important files, so i just downloaded a trial of some cd burning software and used that to burn my info, now i have restored my pc using the restore disks that came with the pc and all is fine, pain in the butt having to reinstall everything though. thanks :tazz: