Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Avast virus checker

• Please log in to reply

ts1

ts1

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Hi,

I'm wondering if someone can just give me an opinion. I have Norton and its very close to wanting some money off me. Having looked around, the free options appear to be AVG and Avast.

I know nothings guarenteed; what one checker will find another won't. Which would you guys recommend as a replacement for Norton. Or... is it worth me really saving up for the subscription (not my choice right now)?

I'm not after an exact answer, I know enough to know thats not possible. I'm looking for an opinion.

:tazz: Please?

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Well, I used to use Norton.. Subscription came up so I decided to try something different..

Been using the free version of Avast for a month or so now and it seems to be doing as good a job as Norton did!!

Murray

Mix Tape

Mix Tape

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I use AVG and I much prefer it to Norton and the dreaded McAfee.

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
Both Avast or AVG are excellent anti-virus solutions, and I'd recommend either one as a replacement for Norton, should you not want to continue with your subscription. So, really, it just boils down to what you prefer.

ts1

ts1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

I think I'm going for AVG. I liked Avast but it doesn't like ZoneAlarm... and I really do like Zone Alarm.