Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help with mobo

• Please log in to reply

computermaker

computermaker

• PipPip
  • 96 posts
well i bought a new mobo and a processor and for some reason when i booted it up the screen would stay blank not even a post so i decied to buy a new power suplie as i did every other test it came down to a bad mobo our procedssor so i said maybe i buy a new powersuplie and try that well i did i hooked it up with just the processor in the board also tried it with ram i powered it on it went on for 1 sec and then off no power to the board what does this mean this has happened before and posted before it means something isnt connected right and the mobo is cuting off the power but what can it be?? all i have is the porcessor hsf connected to it trying to get screen and a post

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
You could try removing all of the RAM and then boot. If you do not hear beep codes the motherboard is bad. This assumes your system speaker is working.

computermaker

computermaker

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts
i dunno if the speaker is working and i tried it without ram first and it didnt work :\ just go thtis mobo too :tazz: o well ty for the helmp ill rma it