Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

winfixer [RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

tyler24

tyler24

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thank you very much! I just had a couple of last questions...

Can I delete the fix.reg I created off my desktop?

You mentioned a Keycorder earlier. I didn't find one, did you find any evidence of one?

I just downloaded a bunch of programs to get me through this process. I currently have McAfee, Spycatcher, Ad-aware, VundoFix, CleanUp!, Spybot, Ewido Security Suite, Process Explorer, CWShredder, and HijackThis. Do I still need all these or can I uninstall some of them? My computer seems bogged down when I start it up ever since I put all these on here.

And lastly, since I put all these programs on my computer I get an error message when I turn it on saying there is a "KHost.exe application error. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000007b)" Do you know what that is?

Thank you so much again!

Advertisements

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Yes, you may delete the fix.reg file from your desktop.

Yes, Keycorder is evidenced by this file:

C:\WINDOWS\system32\archlib.dll

Delete it if you didn't install it or don't want it.

VundeoFix and Process Explorer may be deleted also.

SpyCatcher I have never used before, so you may uninstall that if you do not wish to keep it. Keep CWShredder, Ewido, McAfee, Spybot and CleanUp. Check them for updates regularly (say every week or so) and run them weekly or bi-weekly to make sure you are clean. CleanUp is just great for everyday use since it helps delete all your temp folders automatically.

If you want, uninstall McAfee since you will still have Ewido there. It will become the free version after 14 days, so you don't need to do anything with Ewido.

Check and fix this in HijackThis:

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [kdx] C:\WINDOWS\kdx\KHost.exe

Did you install Kontiki? If you didn't, uninstall it via the Add/Remove panel and delete this folder if it's still there:

C:\WINDOWS\kdx\

Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.