Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer laggyness.

• Please log in to reply

The problem maker

The problem maker

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey all, i seem to be having a big problem with my computer recently. My computer will rune fine for 5 minutes then as soon as i go to play any game it goes all laggy and crap. i cant really play any games anymore, Is this an over heating problem? I had bought a new Gigabyte GeForce 6200 agp 8x. This is when everything went down hill. I had reformatted 2 times to see if anything would change. Any ideas?

Advertisements

The problem maker

The problem maker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i did a memtest86 and it picked up this

Here we are. Memtest picked up this,

Wall time Cached RsvdMem MemMap Cache ECC Test Pass
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0:27:13 512MB 20M e820-std on off Std 1

Errors
-------

Tst pass Failing adress good bad
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
8 0 00009725eb4 - 151.3Mb ffffffff f7fffffff

err-bits
---------------------------------

Can anyone make heads or tails out of this?

The problem maker

The problem maker

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Ok i got 2 new ram sticks and i am still having the same problem with lag time in games.