Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

http://210.112.166.7/fire.html [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Prime example of what happens when you do too many of these logs..:tazz: It was a big mistake on my part. Users catch this problem easily either by Windows warning them before deleting that folder or seeing that it looks like important files. Again, my apologies for that...glad you stopped at that point. I have edited out my post above so it's not included (just in case some user comes in here and go about fixing this on their own).

OK, let's get the rest of this wrapped up now:

Turn off system restore by right clicking on My Computer and go to Properties->System Restore and check the box for Turn off System Restore. Click Apply and then OK. Restart your computer and uncheck the same box to enable System Restore.

Download LQFix http://users.telenet...tools/LQfix.exe and click on Install. Go to your Desktop and open up the LQfix folder. Double click on ClickThis.bat to run it.

Delete this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\David Borges\Application Data\Lycos

Restart and run a new Panda scan? Clean? If nothing else is found, then:

Your log is clean.

To help prevent future spyware installations/infections, please read the Anti-Spyware Tutorial and use the tools provided.

Are there any problems now? If not, you should be set to go.

Advertisements

David B

David B

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Here is the Panda Scan from the last sacn.

Incident Status Location

Spyware:spyware/media-motor No disinfected Windows Registry

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Don't worry about that. It's a harmless entry :tazz:

Any problems now?

greyknight17

greyknight17

Malware Expert

• Visiting Consultant
  • 16,560 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.