Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disabling PXE Card in BIOS

• Please log in to reply

Latin_LadyDragon

Latin_LadyDragon

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) :) :ph34r:

I've seached online for help for weeks and can't repair my PC!!!! :) When I attempt to start my PC I receive the PXE E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable error followed by the PXE_MOF Exiting Intel Boot Agent error. Since I desperately need my PC, what I do is turn it off and on many times, unitl it starts up.

I have changed my bios booting or start-up method in all orders possible; however, I am still having this problem. My laptop has never been part of a LAN, so that can't be the problem. I also attempt to use the F2 key followed by the ESC key that worked twice, however, it no longer works and I do not know what command to enter @ the _ prompt (I'm assuming it must be a dos command that needs to be entered).

Of course I initially backed-up all my files and re-installed the Toshiba Recovery and Applications CD's (set of 3). This worked for a day and later stopped working. So, I once again tried to re-install the cd's and now I'm not able to get past the 'C' promt to continue the process (which states all my info will be wiped out ). The laptop just hangs and nothing ever happens. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME!

Or let me know if my laptop has come to it's end :tazz:

Edited by Latin_LadyDragon, 09 September 2005 - 05:09 PM.

Advertisements

samiko

samiko

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 424 posts
try disabling your PXE card in your BIOS and switching your boot sequence to boot from your HHD.

Latin_LadyDragon

Latin_LadyDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thank you for your help! I've changed my boot sequence to boot from HHD and have been unsuccessful. I do not know how to disable my PXE card in BIOS. Can anyone help?

Latin_LadyDragon

Latin_LadyDragon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've been having problems starting my laptop. I've already changed my booting method every way possible unsuccessfully, including having my laptop boot from the HDD first. It was suggested that I try disabling my PXE card in my BIOS. I am running Windows XP Home edition and have no clue how to go about doing this.

Edited by Latin_LadyDragon, 09 September 2005 - 07:34 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

I have merged your two threads as they are about the same problem or suggested fix to the original problem..

Please do NOT open a new thread on the same topic!!

Thanks
Murray

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
The little battery that holds your BIOS settings may be dead. It's shiny, about the size of a nickel and goes out pretty quickly in laptops because they sit in hot cars.

Edited by Tyger, 09 September 2005 - 08:22 PM.