Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Slow AOL connection

• Please log in to reply

beckieramos

beckieramos

• Pip
  • 7 posts
[COLOR=purple]Hello. I have a new computer that was connecting to
AOL 9.0 topspeed at 50000. Now it is connecting at 264000 every time. Any ideas to help me? Browsing internet is so slow. :tazz:

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts

[COLOR=purple]Hello. I have a new computer that was connecting to
AOL 9.0 topspeed at 50000. Now it is connecting at 264000 every time. Any ideas to help me? Browsing internet is so slow.  :)

View Post

Not many people complain when they receive higher then expected speeds

*Sarcasm is an art-form* hehehe :tazz:

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
But seriously, have you tried to connect to AOL using a different phone number? unless you live in a real small town, you will have at least two numbers that aren't long distance that you can use to connect.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
using dialup is a pain....even with a 56K modem...(which is really limited to 53K, thanks to the FCC) on most phone lines you can only realistically hope to get 44K out of the trunk lines....if you are attempting to dialup during peak call time.....man..save yourself the headache and go broadband :tazz: