Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

counter-strike lan?

• Please log in to reply

tennisboy

tennisboy

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
me and my brother want to lan on counter-strike... once i go new game and go into my map my brother clicks on lan but he cant see the server, no matter how many times he refreshes it won't work he can't see the server... whats wrong?

both computers are using windows xp home

Advertisements

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
o btw we have adsl on a router

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Can you see each other on the network normally, remove any firewalls you have running you might have to assignips manually as well. And make sure you both have the latest steam updates.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
we have a lan neighbourhood thing going so i know are computer are connected, cause i can send him files that i've downloaded =/, we both updated steam, what do u mean by assign ips's thnxs again for the help

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Well if you can see the computers that shouldnt be a problem, the DHCP should assign the computers proper ips. Do other games work or is it just CS source. Its possible you can have a router conflict i used to have one for steam it seems its not a popular app with many routers.

tennisboy

tennisboy

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
i only play CS 1.6, we had a lan working b4 but ever since they updated its not working =/ i msged steam but its a dumb automative response...anyways i'll just wait for their reply thnxs for the help warriorscot

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah no bother if you got your router from an ISP you can contact them and they can tell you how to change the settings on your router to let steam work, you could always play another game Far cry if you have it is good over a lan, CoD as well with 2 players you get a good snipe fest goin.