Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Explorer 6 pak

• Please log in to reply

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
Yesterday local time approx. 4 plm. i received On-Line Crash notification from Microsoft. I sent report as per instructions and received Microsoft Online Crash Analysis, Help, Support, Tools page. I printed it and read instructions. Under Troubleshooting, there are steps to be followed as follows: START-CONTROL PANEL-SWITHCH TO CLASSIC VIEW. I can't seem to find this "Switch to Classic View. I can only assume this is for Windows XP. Am I correct?

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 993 posts
  • MVP
My 98se came with classic style.....you can switch to the classic theme on XP.

This is MS tech support that sent you those instructions? :tazz:

waynf

waynf

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts
How can I tell if I have classic style on my Windows 98SE. What are the attributes?

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Click start then settings then control panel, you should have everything listed as seperate icons rather than groups