Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WHAT IS THE PURPOSE?

• Please log in to reply

Momo4eva

Momo4eva

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
This is the second infection that I've ever had on my computer (that I know of). The first one was the Sasser virus. That infection scared the crap out of me. I went 5 years without a computer virus and when I finally had one, I felt completely helpless. Fortunately, I had a friend, who owned a computer store, tell me the exact name of the virus. Unfortunately, he couldn't get Sasser off my comp. Some comp. store owner he was. I had to do it all by myself because I refused to take my comp to some tech store. It was incredibly difficult to get that virus off my comp, but when I did, I was so relieved, and very proud of myself.

With the Sasser virus, at least I knew what the infection was doing to my computer. It would shut down my comp within minutes of connecting to the internet. That annoyed the @#%* out of me! Thanks to some quick thinking, and the ability to override my comp to keep it on for a longer amount of time, I was able to find a cure.

Now I have a CTRL+ALT+DELETE infection. I have no idea about this virus, trojan...whatever it is. I'm unsure about its purpose. I know it won't allow my task manager to open, and on each start up of my comp, some of my applications will continually reopen after closing them. That's all the info I have about it. :tazz: Does the infection have a name? What else does it do? Is it secretly spying on me while I'm online? Is it recording my activity and sending the information to somewhere else? I just have all these questions and no answers. :)

Momo

Edited by Momo4eva, 10 September 2005 - 12:40 PM.

Advertisements

Metallica

Metallica

Spyware Veteran

• GeekU Moderator
  • 33,101 posts
Some answers: http://securityrespo...32.alcra.a.html

I picked up your thread in Malware by the way.

Regards,