Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Best Firewall Program

• Please log in to reply

chimchim

chimchim

• PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
What is the best firewall program???? I currently was using Zone Alarm Pro but my license expired. I use to love this program but the last update caused me problems.

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Are you looking for a free firewall or are you willing to pay?

chimchim

chimchim

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts
If the best one costs money then I will pay for it!!!!

Edited by chimchim, 10 September 2005 - 04:20 PM.

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Most people I know use the free version of either ZoneAlarm or Sysgate!!

Murray

cassykins

cassykins

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
ZoneLabs does really seem to produce some of the best firewalls out there - so if possible, stick with ZoneAlarm Pro and just forgo the last update that caused you problems.

For free firewalls, both Kerio Personal and ZoneAlarm Free are excellent choices, although I've heard that the former is going to be discontinued sometime next year...?

If you are willing to fork out the cash, Tiny Personal Firewall and Sygate Personal Firewall Pro are both good choices as well. Tiny can be a total pain in the neck setting up, but once you've gotten it installed and configured properly, you are pretty much guaranteed some of the best protection around.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
I am currently using Nortan Internet Security (the firewall is packaged along with antivirus, anitspam and a lot of other stuff) and I'm quite happy with it right now.

cleverboy12

cleverboy12

• PipPipPip
  • 687 posts
I would suggest Zonealarm for a beginner-intermediate user and sygate for a internediate to higher user. I have to say that zonealarm is a little overprotective and It can get a little irritating !