Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My SCSI Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

fja198619

fja198619

• Pip
  • 1 posts
<_< Hi, I need to find out how to get my system back ontrack. I was in the middle of upgrading my computer operating sytem from windows 95 to Windows 2000, and right in the middle of everything my power supply went out. Once I installed a new power supply, I turned on my computer, and it's now stuck in DOS mode and when it first comes on it says"No SCSI Boot Device Found, SCSI Bios not installed". Then it jumps to a screen where it says "Non System Disk or Disk Error. Replace and Strike any key when ready". I know it usually say that when there's a disk stuck in the floppy drive, but there isn't anything in it. Also it doesn't give me an 'A:'
Please, Please, Please, Please help me correct this problem. I've tried doing it on my own for 2 months. Please provide me with the information, and sources to correct this.
'email removed'

Edited by admin, 19 March 2004 - 12:08 PM.

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Sounds like your system is not able to locate your hard drive. Chances are you don't have a SCSI drive installed, so maybe your BIOS got corrupted when the power supply died. Have you tried resetting the BIOS/CMOS?

This can be done either by locating the correct jumper on the motherboard, or by disconnecting the power and removing the battery for at least five minutes.