Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

NewDot1 when starting up

• Please log in to reply

Nuks

Nuks

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
I get an error message that says NEWDOT1 was unable to open. I know it is spyware or something like that, because the file was deleted by a virus scan earlier today. Is there any way to get the error message NOT to pop up whenever I start Windows?

Thanks guys.

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Go to START-->RUN and type 'msconfig' Then go to the startup tab and uncheck the box next to the line referring to the file in question. Then click apply and ok, when asked if you want to reboot, click yes and reboot. I'd also check and see if there is a program in add/remove programs in the control panel that refers to new.net or newdotnet or new.net domain or anything for that matter with new.net in it. if there is, don't do anything! Head on over to the Malware Forum to get some help, reading the START HERE first.

Good luck! :tazz:

Fenor

Nuks

Nuks

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
Thanks for the help again Fenor.

I did what you said, and when I looked in the add/remove programs, there was a new.net domains 6.38 entry, so I'll post a hjt log in the malware forum.

Thanks!