Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Explorer Error, DrWatson32.exe please help

• Please log in to reply

Mako3

Mako3

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Okay I am having the same problem as the guy here: http://66.102.7.104/...32 review&hl=en
in your forum and everything I have tried including the info you gave him. When I went into msconfig I saw in the startup tab a program called LTMSG.exe 7, I don't know what it is but I'm wondering if it is connected to Drwatson32.exe. But yah my problem is exactly like that guys that you were trying to help, whenever I try viewing movies whether its: Media Player 10, Winamp, Real Player, Quicktime, or BSplayer they all go through the same Windows Explorer Error, and the Drwatson32 Bug Report error. Help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks to all the Geeks who help me smile.gif.

-Mako3

P.S Geeks please help me, I also found this: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\Microsoft\Windows\Current Version\Internet Settings3\5
I'm not exactly sure what it means but I found it here:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINDOWS\Application Data\Microsoft\Dr Watson
it was in the file: user.dmp

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
DrWatson's normal function is to record errors in programs that might take the whole system down. It often pops up when you have a poorly written piece of malware.

I see you posted a post in malware, but did you follow the instructions at the top? Because if you did, you should have posted a hijack log, which you did not do. Go back to Malware, read the instructions at the top, and follow the steps provided...(also, you should note that by replying to yourself, you reduced your chances of getting help....malware staffers look for 0 reply posts--if there is a reply, they think it is being handled. By replying to yourself, you moved your self off the radar screen)