Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

How to reset my IP with a etherfast linksys router

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
How do i do that?
I have tried that /release /renew thing in cmd prompt, doesnt work, I have also disconnected and reconnected my modem, still didnt change.

Any other way to reset my IP?

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
IP's are leased to ISP's for a certain period of time and therefore you cannot manually change your IP address yourself. If you do a ipconfig /all, you will see when the IP was obtained and when it will be released.

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
are you using a broadband connection. Power cycling the broadband connection (cable/DSL Modem) may assign you a new IP depending on how your ISP configured lease expiration options on their DHCP server...Also that will only be your public ip address if you are using a router that provides NAT/PAT..it will always be a 192.168.x.x address

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
yes i am using broadband. I am not sure how to power cycle though.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
are you wanting to change the ip on the router or your pc?

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
prob router? whitch ever one goes to the internet, and lets me log into things and such.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
why do you want to reset the ip (it will help me decide which one you need to change)

h3adsh0tasc

h3adsh0tasc

banned

• Topic Starter
  • Banned
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts
Well if youve ever heard of diablo 2, they have something called realm down, whitch temp ban's your connection for 1-24+ hours, but if you reset your MAC address ( not 100% sure) it should reset your ip? But anyway, yea that is why i want to reset my ip so i can play the game agian, it disconnects you for making too many games per hour, not sure, i might have passed the limit.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
sorry we cannot help you get arround any form of ban...they banned you for a reason so we can't help you get around it....and good luck resetting a mac address..

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Correct, thread closed.

ScHwErV :tazz:

rstones12

rstones12

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 3,731 posts
This type of activity is not allowed and no advice will be given for any such request.

Closing Topic.