Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Asus Digital VCR 2.0

• Please log in to reply

Black Blade

Black Blade

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
I have installed this program, from the installion CD that came with my Radeon 9200SE graphics card, thinking it would be cool to be able to use the puter as a VCR.

Well, not to be, it installs fine, but when you run the setup wizard, and I try to enter my country (Canada), it come up with "put_CountryCode Error". Whatever that means or does...but the installation continues tho.

Once the installion wizard is done, the video is black and white and has no sound...have no idea how to use any of the programs settings and stuff to see if I can fix it or adjust frequencies of the channels ( although I have no real idea what the frquency of the channels for all the cable stations are anyways, who would???)

Its too bad cuz having a software program like this would be neat and convenient.

BTW I am using a ATI Video Wonder VE ( a discontinued product now) and have the driver by Conexant-BtPCI Capture.

any ideas or suggestions or even another computer VCR program to try would be appreciated...

Advertisements