Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

motive smart bridge

• Please log in to reply

ianfyoung

ianfyoung

• Pip
  • 4 posts
:tazz: I have an error message that keeps appearing that tells me that Motive smart bridge has had to close down. I am not sure what smart bridge does and if I need it to be running or what problems it will cause when it shuts down. If I need it to be running where can I find a site to download it from or is it part of windows XP.

Advertisements

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
Motive smart bridge is used by some ISPs(Verizon is 1 that uses this) to provide online help and support. Check with your ISP tech support. They should be able to help you figure out what is going on with this.

ianfyoung

ianfyoung

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the reply dont I know about messing it up Ive dont it several times

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
thats how you learn though....lol....i've been working in IT for 6 years and I still need to pull out the recovery disks every now and then....... :tazz:

ianfyoung

ianfyoung

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Brian Ive just read a posting that says you can get rid of smart bridge by starting up in safe mode and removing a file called bold found in programes/version what do you think?

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
personally, I removed it from my computer...if i have a problem i would rather go here than use some software to give me "canned" answers...

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
you can actually remove it by going start/programs/verizon online/uninstall online help and support

ianfyoung

ianfyoung

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanx will give it a go if I have trouble I know where you are for assistance if thats ok with you, Cheers Ian