Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Why I can't I edit files like I used to?

• Please log in to reply

Lynx05

Lynx05

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi! This is just a small ususual problem that I have recently encountered for the past 2 or so days.

Normally, whenever I right click a mp3[or any file for that matter], then click "properties", then click the "summary tab", then finally I click the "advanced>>" button, I am entitled to edit a multitude of things on that mp3. Now, for some reason I can only edit three things. I've uploaded a picture of what it looks like when I try to edit my music files. I also added the picture as an attachment in case the host site goes down.

Also my computer is working just fine aside from this little problem. Please :tazz: !

Posted Image

http://img390.images...nformation0.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• picture_with_missing_information.JPG

Advertisements

Spike

Spike

nOoB

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
Ok, im not sure if im 100% :tazz: correct but, i assume that the file is a music file. Make sure that the "Read Only" is not selected, i hope this helped, please tel me if it did. that is the only solution i can think of. Goodluck

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
It sounds like the files may not be associated with a player anymore... Please do the following. Open windows explorer..then click Tools/Folder Options..
Click on File Types and scroll down to MP3 and see what the description says about this extension....

To reassociate this with your media player..click change then select the program you play the MP3s with.

Lynx05

Lynx05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

It sounds like the files may not be associated with a player anymore... Please do the following.  Open windows explorer..then click Tools/Folder Options..
Click on File Types and scroll down to MP3 and see what the description says about this extension....
To reassociate this with your media player..click change then select the program you play the MP3s with.

View Post

:tazz: Nope, I did what you said and MP3 was already set to open with windows media player.......

brianmil0923

brianmil0923

• PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
is that the player you always used?? have you installed any other music/video player applications recently. I mean can you think of what may have changed in your system in the past 4 days???

Lynx05

Lynx05

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
^^^The only thing significant that I have done is add a codec pack to my computer. It's called the defiler pack. I thought maybe my problem resulted because of this codec pack, so I uninstalled it, but my problem still remained........ The pack I downloaded is located on this site

http://hellninjacomm...com/defilerpak/