Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Extract ISOs with Xandros?

• Please log in to reply

Nathan_Benton

Nathan_Benton

• PipPipPip
  • 114 posts
Is there a program for Xandros Linux (or any other distro) I can use to extract ISO files with? I don't want to use WINE with a windows program.

Thanks for your time!

Advertisements

todd333

todd333

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts
your trying to create iso's from a cd?

forkart

forkart

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Is there a program for Xandros Linux (or any other distro) I can use to extract ISO files with? I don't want to use WINE with a windows program.

Thanks for your time!

View Post

Try to use magiciso to create iso image.

http://www.magiciso.com/

Twism

Twism

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
Hey Nathan_Benton,

The simplest way, I find, to handle ISO-files is either to burn them, as is already mentioned. This can be done in Xandros with KDEs integrated burning application called k3b.

If however you do not want to do this, you could mount the iso-file to a directory of your choosing. Generally, I create a directory in the /mnt directory. Follow the next steps to do this and mount your iso so you can see what is in it.

1. Open up a terminal window.

2. Log in as root with command su after which you will be asked your password.

3. Create the directory ( Lets just call it isomnt in /mnt by issuing the following command :

mkdir /mnt/isomnt

4. cd to the location on your iso-image.

5. Mount the iso-file to the newly created directory by issuing the follwing command :

mount -t iso9660 *.iso /mnt/isomnt -o loop

6. cd /mnt/isomnt

You have now mounted your isofile in /mnt/isomnt and can see all files in the image.

=)