Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CD-ROM

• Please log in to reply

LU1S90

LU1S90

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
ok, my Rome: Total War game is stuck in my cd-rom drive. it won't open. when i press the button, it'll start up the game instead of it opening. i have no idea why it won't open. it's my CD-ROM drive not my CD burner drive. and i've already tried opening it through my computer by right clicking the drive and clicking eject. please someone help me :tazz: help would be greatly appreciated :)

System Specs:
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version 2002 Service Pack 2
2.8 GHz Intel Pentium 4 processor
512 MB DDR SDRAM memory
160 GB 7200RPM Ultra DMA hard drive
nVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 OC - PCI - 256MB DDR - driver version 7.7.7.2
DirectX 9.0c

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

If you take a close look at the front of the cd-rom door you will see a little hole..

Use a small, thin piece of wire (paperclip works well) and push it in there.. That will release the locking mechaisn and allow you to open it manually..

Murray

LU1S90

LU1S90

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
thx :tazz: it worked. but now to open it i have to do the same thing everytime - poke it with a paper clip. thx alot though for the help :)