Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

slow firefox

• Please log in to reply

Mix Tape

Mix Tape

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I have 56kb dial up. My firefox is running far to slow. It takes 2 minutes to load a page. I also have avant browser [which I'm currently using] and netscape. Both of these are running fine. Even IE is running faster than firefox. I'm crapware free. :tazz:

Advertisements

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 490 posts
Have you tried reinstalling firefox? Also make sure you are using the latest version.

Thef0rce

Thef0rce

• PipPipPip
  • 380 posts
unfortunately the mod for making firefox faster only works with broadband. make sure you have the newest version, as always and try uninstalling and deleting the folder and then doing a completely fresh install. but if you're on 56k you may really want to consider getting opera instead. they're not wrong about it being the fastest browser on earth. I really noticed the difference when I was on 56k back in the day. now that I'm on dsl, it flies faster than ever.

Mix Tape

Mix Tape

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks for replying guys. :)

I reinstalled firefox... it's a little faster, but not much. Ah well, I'm getting broadband in a couple of months, guess I'll just put up with it til then. :tazz:

Potassium

Potassium

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: I found a very useful post on how to speed up Firefox (I had the same problem with mine). Check it here: http://www.mepis.org/node/5420

It worked for me

Mix Tape

Mix Tape

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I love you, Potassium! :tazz:

that worked wonders! Thank you! :)