Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Partition Magic 8 probs

• Please log in to reply

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
I have been using Partition Magic for some time now, and have had no trouble. Recently, however, I tried to delete a partition on one of my external hard drives, and every time I get, "Error 510: The version of the file system is not supported." Even thnough it was NTFS, I still got the error, so I converted it to FAT32, and got the same thing. I have tried to delete it probably 10 times, in 20 different ways. I have reinstalled, applied the only update available, so...what the [bleep]? :) I also tried to google the problem, and found that this error has only been known to come up with Linux ex3 partitions, so that got me really confused... :tazz:

Thanks to anyone who can help... :)

Edited by StewBizzle, 11 September 2005 - 12:46 PM.

Advertisements

Michael

Michael

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 1,869 posts
I have had the same thing with ex3 partitons, I just formated and then deleted it. Tryed useing the bootable floppies that it makes, they seem to handle it better.

StewBizzle

StewBizzle

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 52 posts
Thanks dude, I actually ended up using the disk management service to delete the partitions, then used Partition Magic to re format the disk into two 95 gig partitions. Next time I will do it your way cause it prbly would have been consideribly faster and a lot less frustrating. Props to you dude! :tazz: