Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Boot up

• Please log in to reply

lquadros

lquadros

• Pip
  • 1 posts
:tazz: Hi there,
I turned on my computer before yesterday, and would not see anything happen on the monitor. There is no beep and the hard drive LED stays on for 8sec. and turns off. Power LED is on. Yesterday it worked fine. Then again would not boot up today. I disconnected the C drive ribbon cable and inserted win98 start up disk on A drive, Then I could get the monitor to turn on and everything is normal. I also got my C drive back after hooking it back up. I do not understand this strange thing. Any advice is much appreciated. Thanks for the replies.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome go Geeks to Go. You could try running the hard drive manufacturer's diagnostics program on the hd. Go here http://forums.pcper....isplay.php?f=40
There is a sticky post at the top that has links to most hd manufacturer's diagnosics.