Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

error newdev.dll missing entry clientsideinstall

• Please log in to reply

wahtzup420

wahtzup420

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hi I just got a new hard disc for my windows nt 4.0 and already connected it to my computer.. When I start up the computer I get the following error message.

Title : DLL

Description: error newdev.dll: missing entry clientsideinstall

I am clueless about what I am suppose to do and I have the installation disc in my cd drive E but when I click on my computer, it only shows cd drive D. This means I actually have 2 problems and wishing that someone would help me so PLEASE HELP ME. TY

Advertisements

Tyger

Tyger

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,896 posts
We need some clarification here, the installation disk you speak of, is that the NT4.0 disk or the one for the drive? Are you aware that adding the new disk to your system may shift the drive letter for the cd-rom drive and that your shortcuts may not work? You will have to browse for it or access it in My Computer.

There must be some kind of file system repair tool that you can use to extract the missing .dll to the right folder, similar to System File Checker in win 98. Also in NT you need to log in as administrator to perform many hardware functions.

I would highly reccomend that you extract the missing file to the folder as a separate operation and before you try hooking the new hardware up.

wahtzup420

wahtzup420

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
No, it's the instlalation disc for the new hard disc.

I think that the missing cd-rom drive was before I even connected my secondary hard disc.

I didn't say that the error was that I am missing newdev.dll but that newdev.dll says missing clientsideinstall.

If I can just delete that dll and download another one from internet then please do tell me. I also would like to know which folder it would be from.TY