spell check in office 97
Posted 11 September 2005 - 06:40 PM
Posted 12 September 2005 - 02:43 AM
'When the "Check spelling as you type" option is selected in the Options dialog box, words that are misspelled are not marked with a red underline. Or when you check the spelling of a document or selection, you receive the following message:
The spelling check is complete.
This message appears even though the misspelled words have not been corrected. '
If so you may have a damaged or incorrect version of the main dictionary file, Mssp2_en.lex.
Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:08 AM
Posted 12 September 2005 - 03:38 AM
If the file is missing, follow steps 5 through 10.
To rename, or to delete and replace the Mssp2_en.lex file, follow these steps:
1. Quit all Office 97 programs.
2. In Windows 95 Explorer, open the folder in which you have installed the proofing tools. The default folder location is the following:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Proof
3. Click to select Mssp2_en.lex.
4. Rename or delete the file.
To rename the file, follow these steps:
a. On the File menu, click Rename.
b. Type a new name for the file. For example, type Mssp2_en_bad.lex.
c. Click OK.
To delete a file, click Delete on the File menu.
5. Insert the Microsoft Office 97 compact disc (CD), or connect to the location in which you have installed Office 97.
6. Locate the following folder:
7. Click to select Mssp2_en.lex.
8. On the File menu, click Copy.
9. Open the folder in which you renamed or deleted the Mssp2_en.lex file, and click to select the Proof folder.
10. On the File menu, click Paste.
Posted 13 September 2005 - 01:32 AM
Posted 13 September 2005 - 03:20 AM
Thats for US language but remember they speak and spell differant to us!
1 Try getting all the updates from Microsoft!
2 Try re-installing Word selecting custom and then select all!
3 Try upgrading to a later version.
Posted 15 September 2005 - 05:23 AM
Many thanks for you help so far, this is not my aria in computing so I do need the all the help I can get.
And sorry for being slow to reply I have been trying to get thorugh the practice logs so I can become a staff member.
Edited by Michael Buckley, 15 September 2005 - 05:27 AM.
Posted 26 September 2005 - 02:58 AM
I should have said that ages ago, but forgot.
EDIT: Made this a bit more clear after have a PM asking How I fixed it.
Edited by Michael Buckley, 27 September 2005 - 05:38 PM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users