Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

CD-ROM Issues

• Please log in to reply

dflo404

dflo404

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I've had this problem long ago, and I forget how I solved it.

Recently I was rapidly going through some un-labeled CDs that I've had lying around to see what all of them were. After checking about 8 of them, my CD-ROM stopped reading the CDs. Either I went to RUN and it would say "Please insert a disk" or an error message would pop up saying the disk was inaccessable.

I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling the CD-ROM, but it was of no use. Now it just isn't reading any CDs.

I'm pretty sure I've had this problem before, but I'm stumpted as of what to do. Is there anything I can do? Or has this CD-ROM finally given up?

(Dell Inspiron 8200, Windows XP Home Edition. I've had this computer for at least 2 and a half years).

Advertisements

jimbeaner

jimbeaner

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
have you tried cleaning the cd player and or disks {put a few drops of cd cleaning solution on the disk and wipe from the hole out to the edge of disk

dflo404

dflo404

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
I have tried wiping down the CD-ROM drive. And as for the disks, I've tried several disks, and I doubt that all of the ones I've tried are too dirty to work.