Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player Problem

• Please log in to reply

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Hey guys, I got a problem that I cannot seem to fix. I tried opening Windows Media Player to watch a video my friend made. I got an error message from WMP:
[quote name='WMP']The specified module could not be found.[/quote]

When I went to the help page on the website, it returned the following message:
[quote name='http://www.microsoft.com']You've encountered error message 8007007E while using Windows Media Player. We are investigating the cause of this error. We will post more information about this error when it becomes available. [/quote]

So Microsoft knows what's going on, but do not have an answer yet. I tried reinstalling WMP10, but that did not fix it. If anyone has an answer, please let me know about it.

-rmurphy

Advertisements

sharlpero

sharlpero

• PipPipPip
  • 136 posts
Try to use other players such as Light Alloy or BSPlayer.

Numb Remxed

Numb Remxed

• PipPipPip
  • 493 posts
what kind of video file is it? (mpeg, avi, etc.)

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
avi

chirp

chirp

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
It might just be a corrupt file try it in an other player then reply back and tell us if it worked or not

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
thanks guys. it still didn;t work after i installed those programs, but it worked fine once i restarted the computer